Benefits of contracting through us
Less admin – We deal with all of the invoicing, client relationships, credit control and ensuring that assignments are suitable for self-employed workers.
Insurances – You have the option of being covered by our business insurances, including public liability, professional indemnity and personal accident cover.
Access to new assignments – We work with a number of the best UK recruitment agencies, large and small, giving you access to different assignments in various industries including construction, engineering, telecoms, IT, creative & media.
Genius self-employed framework – We work with a unique, best practice self-employed framework that controls risk within the supply chain, especially around supervision, direction and control.
Help with your responsibilities – We know that being self-employed and running your own business can be tough, so we offer free advice as well as a range of services to make life easier.
Just as long as your candidate is planning to take a number of temporary assignments, none of which is expected to last more than two years, we can take them on, manage their jobs, cover them with all the relevant insurances.
When the worker joins as an umbrella employee, the supply chain will be:
CANDIDATE (EMPLOYEE) – GENIUS – AGENCY – END-CLIENT
Benefits of working with Genius Umbrella
- 10 minute call back - We’ll call the candidate within 10 minutes of referral, talk them through the whole Umbrella process and all of their employment rights and responsibilities.
- Statutory payments – Workers get the peace of mind of receiving the relevant statutory payments, such as sick or maternity pay.
- Insurances – Umbrella employees of Genius are automatically covered by our comprehensive business insurances including professional indemnity, personal accident, employers and public liability.
- Absolute Compliance – Genius helps you manage risk through our knowledge, understanding and compliance with all of the relevant rules, regulations and law.
- The Genius team – You’ll get the power of the Genius team in their corner, managing contracts admin, processing expenses and crunching the numbers to get them the best possible pay.
- Single point of contact – With Genius you’ll get a dedicated Payroll Coordinator who will be your single point of contact for all timesheets, invoices and payroll. We tailor our way of working to best suit your business.
Self Employed Payroll
If your candidate is registered self-employed and the role involves no supervision direction or control then self-employment may be an option. Genius have a self-employed best practice framework that will determine whether self-employed subcontracting will be possible. Ask the team about how Genius manage self-employment.
If the worker engages with Genius as a self-employed subcontractor the supply chain generally looks like this:
SELF-EMPLOYED WORKER (Candidate) – GENIUS – AGENCY – END-CLIENT
Benefits of contracting through Genius
- Genius self-employed framework – We work with a unique, best practice self-employed framework that controls risk within the supply chain, especially around supervision, direction and control.
- Easier for Candidates – we deal with all of the invoicing, client relationships, credit control and ensuring that assignments are suitable for self-employed workers.
- Insurances – Workers have the option of being covered by our business insurances, including public liability, professional indemnity and personal accident cover.
- Help with responsibilities – Being self-employed, and running their own business, can be tough so we offer free advice as well as a range of services to make life easier.
- Employment status checking
- Crime prevention checks
- ID check (passport or birth certificate)
- Money laundering and fraud checks
- ‘Right to Work’ documents
- UK bank account checks
- Self-employed risks and responsibilities help
- Accurate and timely RTI submissions
- Correct payment of PAYE to HMRC on time, every time
- Working time regulation and holiday pay compliance
- Documentation archiving
- Reporting, audit trail and verification
- Expenses policy auditing
- Checking and verifying all expense submissions
- Fraud spot checking
- Subsistence auditing
- Intermediary reporting preparation
- MSC risk control
- Unique self-employment best practice framework
- AWR management
- Full audit cooperation
APRIL, 2016: Are you ready for the changes?
If you’re a temporary or contract Recruitment Agency there are important changes round the corner that will affect you and your client’s business.
What are the changes? Umbrella – The current, most common Umbrella model becomes inoperable as it will be classified as a Salary Sacrifice scheme, and any future models will need to factor in who is supervising, directing and controlling work for employees to be able to benefit from claiming expenses.
PSC - There are crucial changes around dividend payments which are part of a government effort to “start to reduce the incentive to incorporate and remunerate through dividends rather than through wages to reduce tax liabilities.” Alongside this there are proposed wholesale changes to the intermediaries legislation which will likely result in an End-Client deciding whether contract workers fall inside or outside IR35. Self-employed – There are still important considerations with the use of self-employed contractors, specifically around supervision direction and control and how the contracts and insurance liability are worded.
WE’VE GOT THE ANSWERS
Contact us now for a workforce risk assessment and find out how our models work.